Thursday, June 19, 2008

"I got a Nikon camera..."

"...I love to take a photograph, so Mama don't take my Kodachrome away."

So sang Paul Simon in "Kodachrome" back in the days when most cameras took film and Kodachrome was the number one choice.

I got a Nikon camera recently, but it's a digital D40 SLR -- no Kodachrome needed.

I've been taking pictures since the late 1960s; mostly scenics. I shot pictures with a Nikon FG film camera for many years starting in the early 1980s. After using a few point-and-shoot digital cameras, I decided it was time to get serious again about photography. It's always been an expression of my creativity, just as my writing is.

So here's some clouds gathering at sunset -- a contrast between light and dark.


2 comments:

Deb said...

Whoa! Wordless Wednesday is a online meme not my personal logo (they also have a "wordless" everyday of the week - whatever). I will email you the link to prove it. Photo (Foto) Friday is good too; and I'm not saying change I just wanted to clarify that it's not a "competition."

Now about "Kodachrome," that was the most annoying, addicting rag I think Simon ever cranked out. And now I will probably be fighting with it all day now. Thanks a lot.

Paul Sevensky said...

No, problem; reference deleted.

Kodachrome was certainly not classic Simon, for sure.